Wednesday 19 March 2008

Maybe tomorrow!?

I've just read the story about the women who got stuck on her boyfriend's toilet for two years. Her doting boyfriend brought her food and water and asked her if she wanted to come out but the outside world clearly did not appeal; leaving her skin to grow around the toilet seat!

Wow.

Now, there are questions left unanswered. Firstly, how did she get stuck on the toilet seat in the first place? And when it occured, what went through her mind to make her prefer to sit it out on the toilet, say all night, trying to sleep?! That is some serious procrastination.

And what about the boyfriend? According to reports, she would say "Maybe tomorrow" when he asked her if she wanted to leave. At some point, perhaps ranging a couple of weeks, maybe after a month, you would probably pick up the phone and get some help. Or even get a saw and bust her out. But TWO YEARS!

I'm considering putting this forward to my boyfriend. Perhaps it can be a sort of 'What if' relationship endurance test. "If I get stuck on a toilet for two years, do you promise to feed me, tender to my every need and perhaps read me my favourite magazine out loud?"

Ultimately, it's stories like these that really hit home: the human race never fails to amaze me. And they must have some scary toilets in Kanas.


If you want to read the story:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2008/03/13/wtoilet113.xml

No comments: